Friday, November 18, 2016

Whitehouse - Live Action 57 Mpls 1993

Whitehouse
Live Action 57
Seventh Street Entry
Minneapolis
July 7 1993

What can I say about Whitehouse?  If you know then I don't have to tell you. If you don't know then there is no use in trying to explain it to you.

I went more out of curiosity than as a fan, and I left more as a fan than a curiosity seeker.

Of all the shows I recorded around this time, this is the only tape that I listed as "Quality cannot be determined". This could be the best Whitehouse bootleg ever, or it could be total crap. Or it could be both.



Local band Outhouse opened the show, and I believe they were put together just to play this gig.

Chicago's Intrinsic Action was next. Not being a connoisseur o Power Electronics they seemed to just be a Whitehouse clone, although upon further investigation I realized there were subtle differences.

Whitehouse came on and did what they did.  Bennett introduced "Birth Death Experience" and the band just stood there. It was dance night in the First Ave mainroom, and you can hear Haddaway's "What Is Love" bleed through during this Whitehouse classic.

dictator
my cock's on fire
i'm comin' up your ass
the second coming
birthdeath experience
asking for it
twice is not enough
shitfun

Get some Live Action here

No comments:

Post a Comment