Monday, November 7, 2016

Blondie Minneapolis August 7 1982

For Christmas 1981 my dad said he would take me out for an evening of dinner and entertainment of my choice.  It was good for the entire year so I had time to wait for the right opportunity to cash in.

June of 1982 there was an ad in the paper for something called The Great Northern Picnic, an all-day festival  featuring Blondie, Elvis Costello, The Greg Kihn Band, some unknown band called Duran Duran, and local opener Sussman Lawrence.

Needless to say my pops didn't appreciate the show too much, and until his dying day he would say "I knew I was in trouble when I saw speakers as big as my garage."  But he was a trooper and saw how much fun I was having and vicariously suffered through the day.

As small of a world it is, I had to get a copy of this recording from someone in Japan...

 1. Rapture
2. In The Sun
3. Sunday Girl
4. Little Ceasar
5. Union City Blue
6. Chrome
7. Island of Lost Souls
8. Danceway
9. The Tide is High
10. Heart of Glass
11. Hangin' on the Telephone
12. Dreaming
13. One Way or Another
14. War Child
15. Start Me Up (Rolling Stones cover)
16. Call Me




Get your Tracks Accross Minneapolis here

No comments:

Post a Comment