Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Nashville Pussy Minneapolis 1997

 Early Nashville Pussy  was such a breath of fresh air when I first heard them. To my ear it was like AC/DC met Antiseen in the parking lot behind a David Allan Coe show.
I met the band and hung out with them at a party after a previous show and they were awesome, down-to-earth folks. (If Blaine or Ruyter read this it's me, Dead Boys Guy, in Minneapolis)

I bought all the singles and played the Hell out of them at top volume.  When they signed to local label Amphetamine Noise I was totally stoked.

When the album "Let Them Eat Pussy" finally came out after a plethora of delays I was a little disappointed. There were only a few new songs on it as they had recycled most of their 7" songs on this.  Regardless, the whole thing rocked and I played my copy at even louder volumes than the singles.

By the time the second album, High as Hell, came out I could already hear the transmutation into a bona fied Southern Rock band, more Molly Hatchet than Black Flag.

I still have the singles and the AmRep pressing of the LP and they are all cherished parts of my record collection and they will stay there forever.

As for this show, I don't really remember much of it. The photos on the left were taken by me at this show.  If I remember correctly this was the first time in Minneapolis with Jeremy on drums, and that's about it.

Enjoy the pix and the recording. As usual don't steal the photos and don't make money off of anything I post here, but feel free to share with those in the know.
Oh yeah, if anyone can ID the last 2 songs please let me know.
1. Snake Eyes
2. Five Minutes to Live
3. Go Motherfucker Go
4. Somebody Shoot Me
5. I'm a Man
6. All Fucked Up
7. Eat My Dust
8. Kicked in the Teeth
9. Texas Border
10. Guitar Solo
11. ???
12. ???























Get your southern fried fix here.

No comments:

Post a Comment